“Come, let us return to the LORD.
He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds.
After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.
Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”
Over this week we are looking at how all of the concepts we have studied this semester influence the climates in different parts of the world. We know, intuitively, that tropical rainforests are different from northern Canadian forests. This week and next we will put all of the systems we have studied together to see how they work to produce the various climatic regions of the world. We will appreciate how the sun, wind, moisture, and local conditions help to create global climatic regions.
We will also think about climate change: natural and human induced. To say this is an “issue” these days is an understatement.
This Week, please
- Read Chapter 10-11 in the text and online notes 10-11
- Lab 5 is due Tuesday, March 31. This is a “Quiz” on Canvas. You will have to do it all in one sitting (but there is no time limit). Use your text and online notes as references – it IS open book. Allow 2-3 hours.
- DO make a contribution to the online discussion forum on Canvas www.canvas.ubc.ca by Saturday midnight. This is a great way to interact with your classmates.
- You will have an online final exam April 7, 1 pm Pacific Time. This is set by the College. I can NOT make alternate arrangements. If you do not write at that time, you will get 0. Clear your schedule. A study guide is here.
The exam is NOT open book.
The exam will be monitored by PROCTORIO – all activity will be recorded and reviewed. Any academic dishonesty will result in a 0 and an “F’ in the course. I will be checking. No appeals.
Remember you are studying in Catholic learning environment and are expected to behave by standards of Christian morality and ethics.
- You must take a Proctorio exam on a desktop or full laptop computer (tablets or smartphones are not allowed) which has a working web camera and microphone.
- You must use CHROME and download the Proctorio Chrome extension. Download it now.
- You must also complete the exam in a private location with a good Internet connection.
- Make arrangements NOW. No webcam/microphone, NO GRADE.
- Please watch the Proctorio student Guide video as this will give you an idea of what to you will experience while being proctored online. If you experience any technical issues please use the Proctorio support site.
- You will need to present your student ID or driver’s license . Smile for a picture, then take your exam!
If you have any questions, get in touch with me right away! Email works best … email@example.com. I should respond within 24 hours on weekdays. Weekends I take off.
Bruce Martin, Ph.D
Adjunct Professor, Geography