“Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it.
Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
Let all creation rejoice before the LORD, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth.”
This week we’re applying what we have learned about various climates and weather systems to look at how that affects what grows where and why. We know, intuitively, that the plants and animals in the Canadian Arctic are different from those in southern Canada, which are much different from those in equatorial regions. This is referred to as “biogeography” – the spatial variation in living things (biota).
Among some of the potential effects of climate change are changes in what organisms can survive in what locations …
This week please:
- Read Chapter 20 (text) and online notes 20
- Lab 6 (last one, a quiz on Canvas) is due Tuesday, November 28
- Make one awesome discussion comment on Canvas by Saturday midnight
- If you are doing a Final Project, it is due Thursday, December 7, on Canvas.
- If you are doing the Final Exam, it will be Thursday, December 7, 6-7 p.m. Here is a study guide to help you prepare.
If you have any questions, please contact me … firstname.lastname@example.org
Adjunct Professor (Geography)