If you did not get this announcement, please check the email address you have on the Canvas site July 12, 2021 Hi, Welcome to Introduction to Physical Geography: Weather and Climate! This will be an awesome course as we learn about the world around us. In a Christian intellectual environment, this is an opportunity to explore God’s creation in greater depth! This is a distance education course. This creates some exciting possibilities for you – you get to study at your time and place, and explore issues that interest you in greater depth. You will also experience some challenges – you don’t get to see me, your instructor! But yes, I do exist! And I will do all I can to make this a positive, creative learning experience for you. This is also an intensive course. It will go quickly! You are going twice as fast as a regular course (doing a 13 week course in 7 weeks). I have taught this course, distance education, for several years. Most students really enjoy this style of learning (although it may take a bit of getting used to). Some things you need to do right away (TODAY!!!):
- Find the course website: https://rossway.net/ccc103-intensive/
- Sign into Canvas (Contact the College IT people for help) www.canvas.ubc.ca
- Read the Syllabus carefully – make sure you have a printed copy to refer to.
- Read the Calendar carefully – post a printed copy on your bulletin board where you can’t miss it!
- Read online notes 1a and 1b (on https://rossway.net/ccc103-intensive/) and the text Chapter 1. The textbook is only available online. The syllabus and Canvas (“Pearson Text Registration” link) have all the details.
- Lab 1 is due Tuesday, July 20. This is a Quiz on Canvas. You can take as much time as you like; it is open book; but you do have to do it all in one sitting. Allow about 2-3 hours for it.
- Make a contribution to the online discussion forum on Canvas www.canvas.ubc.ca by Saturday midnight. This is a great way to get to know your classmates.
- Record your reading on Canvas by Sunday midnight.