One of the research approaches I have taken is to speak with pastors and other church leaders …
- Are they aware of potentially unique challenges scientists, already in their church, might have:
- Integrating their science and faith?
- Dealing with people in the church who may differ in their viewpoints?
- Have they thought at all about the unique issues associated with reaching out scientists, who are Christians, who are not in a church?
- Why are they not in church?
- How can churches be more welcoming?
- Have they considered the opportunities – and specific difficulties – reaching scientists who are not Christians?
- Have they thought about the resource that scientists could be to their congregation?
My research came up with interesting results …